Release notes for version 184.108.40.206
Listed below are all the changes contained within this release.
- ConfirmConnect can now be installed from the iTunes App store and Google Play store. Please review the updated Installation instructions before upgrading via these stores.
- GPS functionality not working on iOS devices.
- Locating point features were being uploaded as multipoints instead of points. This caused the Referential Integrity Agent to fail when updating Esri map layers.
- Chrome display issues when transitioning between different pages. This could have cause blank pages being displayed.
Release notes for version 220.127.116.11
Listed below are all the changes contained within this release.
- Plot number is now visible on Feature Monitoring, Asset Survey and Condition Survey tasks.
- Changing the classification of a Defect did not set the correct priority.
- Transfer error occurred on Enquiries when more than 2000 characters were entered in the text fields.
- After pinch zooming the main map, you needed to tap twice on the Tasks or Transfer tab.
- Windows Tablet devices only: USB mouse was disabled once the touch screen has been used.
- Error generated when creating a Feature from a Recent Feature when the Feature Type is not available on the device.
- Android only: Some Android devices were not showing a decimal point on the numeric keyboard.
Changes which will be available once the Confirm host is upgraded to V15.10 include:
- Jobs from Defects that do not have any SOR Items will no longer automatically commit.
- Jobs linked to a Contract that have a Feature, which is not covered by the Contract's Contract Areas, will no longer automatically commit.
- Blank Values set against a text or date Attribute, on an Enquiry or Defect, will no longer generate an error or warning.
ConfirmConnect requires a Web Service installation as well as installation on one or more devices.
Follow the installation instructions below: -
Installing the Web Service for the first time
Download the ConfirmConnect Web Service installer from ConfirmConnectWebService.exe and run through the instructions contained on the Web Server Installation page.
Upgrade the existing Web Service installation
Download the ConfirmConnect Web Service installer from ConfirmConnectWebService.exe and replace the contents of your existing ConfirmConnect Web Service. This can be done by either pointing the installer to the web service location or by installing to a second location and manually copying the full contents over the existing web service.
For devices which do not have ConfirmConnect installed, use the applicable QR code below. Note: For Device upgrades, follow the Upgrading Devices instructions
Android and iOS
Install from ConfirmConnect from either the iTunes App store or the Google Play store. The QR Codes below will take you to ConfirmConnect in the relevant store.
Use the QR Code to download the ConfirmConnect.zip file. This can then be extracted to a directory of your choice. Once extracted, launch ConfirmConnect by running the ConfirmConnect.exe.
ConfirmConnect can be run via Google Chrome and is installed as part of the Server Installation mentioned above. Using ConfirmConnect in Google Chrome isn't intended for production purposes but does allow it's use for training purposes.
Note: Using Google Chrome will use a device licence. If you clear your browser cache and then use ConfirmConnect again, a second device licence will be used.
Android (3.0 and above)
iOS (6.0 and above)
Upgrading to v3.10.0 from any earlier version
Follow the instructions below for your chosen platform:
- Install from the Google Play Store. Either browse the store or use the Android QR Code above.
- Windows (7/8)
- Use the QR code to download the ConfirmConnect.zip file and replace the contents of the previous install with the contents of this zip file.
- iOS (6.0 and above)
Versions pre-v3.10.0 are not compatible with the iTunes App Store release of ConfirmConnect. Install as per the Devices instructions above. This will install a second copy of ConfirmConnect on your device.Before removing the old installation of ConfirmConnect, you will need to consider the following:
- Local Mapping data, settings.js and fakegps.js files will need to be copied into the new installation of ConfirmConnect (via iTunes). The new installation will not use any existing data.
- Device License, a second device license will be used by the device.
Make a note of the previous Installation ID, this can be obtained via the "Menu > About" screen. Supply the old Installation ID to your Confirm administrator.
v3.10.0 and above
Upgrading from version 3.10.0 to any later versions will be driven by the web service, unless otherwise specified. Once the web service has been updated, devices will react in one of the following ways:
- When a user is already singed in.
- A warning message will appear on the transfer screen indicating an update is available.
- Complete any outstanding transfers and sign out.
- Refer to "When a user is signed out" below.
- When a user is signed out.
- On the sign in screen, when a user taps away from the URL field or when the sign in button is pressed a version check will occur and ConfirmConnect will be updated to the same version as the web service if required.
- Once the update completes, the sign in screen will be displayed again with an updated version number displayed below the sign in button.
- Sign in once more to continue working.
When ConfirmConnect is installed, it is given an installation ID, this is tied to a device licence in Confirm. When ConfirmConnect is removed from a device or, if using Chrome, the cache is cleared, the installation ID will be removed but the link to the Confirm device license will remain. To remove any redundant licences from Confirm, navigate to the ConfirmConnect registration screen and find the entry for installation ID which is no longer required and delete it.
ConfirmConnect Help Documentation
The latest ConfirmConnect Help documentation is now available in PDF format from this Website.
Available as two documents: - one for end Users (ConfirmConnect - User Documentation) and one for Administrators (ConfirmConnect).
- ConfirmConnect - Contains both the User Documentation and details on how to configure the Confirm host software in order for data to be available on devices.
- ConfirmConnect - User Documentation - Contains information on how to use ConfirmConnect where the software is not self explanatory.
For a list of changes contained in older versions of ConfirmConnect please see the Previous Releases page.